LOVU Refund, Return, Alteration Policy
LOVU Refund, Return, Alteration Policy
Our policy lasts 10 days. If 10 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you an alteration, refund or exchange.
To be eligible for an alteration, refund or exchange, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it.
Lovu is the first of kind online store where we make up garments according to our clients needs and fabric taste. When you choose a garment we produce it according to your fabric option, size and specifications. We are unable to re-sell that item to another client as it was custom made especially for you. If you are not entirely satisfied with the fit we are happy to alter the garment free of charge. If you did not select the customisation options offered on our website you will be charged for the alterations. For example if you receive your dress and it is too long we can’t alter the dress free of charge as you did not select the height customisation.
We do not offer refunds for custom made garments. We only replace items if they are defective or damaged or offer free alterations to your garment if it does not fit properly.
There are certain situations where we will not accept an alteration, refund or exchange.
- Any garment with obvious signs of use
- Any garment bought on sale
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 10 days after delivery Refunds (if applicable)
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
• If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
- Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
- Refunds are only done on certain days please check with your account manager which day the next refunds will be processed on.
- Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
- If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Fabric Types and Colour Options
- Each device and computer’s display may cause a shade of fabric to display slightly differently to the actual shade. This is an un-avoidable.
- We use various suppliers for our fabric. No two rolls of fabric is 100% exactly the same in shade and consistency. Please check with us if you are ordering a repeat of the same garment so that we can ensure the fabric comes off the same roll.
- If you have a preference in “type” of fabric such as Bon Bon, Viscose, Cotton, Casablanca, Blends, linen etc. please check with us FIRST before ordering so that we can confirm the type of fabric if you are unsure what the type of fabric is.
- We are a company that strongly relies on electricity for production. IF there is a load-shedding schedule running orders may be delayed by up to 5 working days. We compensate for this by working overtime and additional days over weekends.
- We don’t refund late orders due to factors out of our control such as load shedding and courier issues.
- We do experience issues with 3rd party delivery services such as Courier Guy and Fastway Couriers from time to time like most other companies. After your order has been checked in from our side delivery is completely in the hands of the courier service and we do not have control over when they collect and deliver.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded or exchanged where approved, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item for an alteration. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over R750, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.